Takil (Mys Takil, Takilskiy)

Ukraine

In March 1834, the Office of the General Hydrographer published the following announcement in the Sankt-Peterburgskiye Vedomosti: “At Cape Takly, which forms the entrance to the Sea of Azov, at northern latitude 45°05'30" and longitude 36°28'00" east of Greenwich rebuilt stone lighthouse. The height of it with a lantern: from the base 73, and from the surface of the sea 168 English. ft. This lighthouse has been illuminated since September 6, 1833 by means of 13 lamps with reflectors with a constant light of a pale color. The light of the lighthouse when the eye is raised above sea level by 15 Eng. feet opens in 22 Italian. miles."

Vice-Admiral Spitsyn, the mayor of Kerch-Yenikalsky, proposed to build a new lighthouse at the tip of the Kyz-Aul cape so that it could also protect the bank of the same name, and the stones of El-chan-Kai and the Kishly reef. The hydrographic department agreed with this proposal and ordered a project for a new lighthouse, and before it was put into operation, a new, more advanced lighthouse was installed on the Takly Cape in 1872. It was a diopter light-optical apparatus made in England at the factory of the Chance Brothers.

May 1, 1876 with the opening of the Kyz-Aul lighthouse (see.
“Kyz-Aulsky”) Taklynsky was abolished. At the suggestion of the director of the lighthouses of the Black and Azov Seas, the tower of the Taklynsky lighthouse was preserved as a “pilotmaster coastal sign” to determine the position of the vessel in the daytime, and a rescue station was placed in a residential building.
The old lighthouse served as a daily landmark until 1952, when a new Takilsky lighthouse was built on the site of the old tower - a black openwork tetrahedral tower in the form of a truncated pyramid 11m high. The lighthouse operates in automatic mode and illuminates the space of the sea with a white flashing light for 15 miles.

Manufacture Date 1871
Lighthouse Construction 1833
Country Ukraine
Commissioning Body Hydrographic Department of the Naval Ministry
Lens Order 1st order
Lens Type Fixed
Status publish
Light Character New: Fl.W 4s
Lighthouse Markings Old lighthouse: New lighthouse: Black four-sided metal framework tower
Coastal Erosion Vulnerability
Coordinates 45.1044352346,36.4442732394
Other ARLHS UKR-083; Admiralty N5361; NGA 18412.
Data Source * The Lighthouse Work of Sir James T. Chance (APPENDIX): 1st order - 1871 - Takli, Black Sea - Fixed * Lighthouses of Russia (Historical Essays). GUNiO MO RF edition, St. Petersburg, 2001, the authors, A.A. Komaritsin, V.I. Koryakin, V.G. Romanov.

Lighthouse Location

You can zoom out to see the full world map of Lighthouses, or even try dragging Pegman onto the map to see the Lighthouse on Street View.